Membership For International Visitors
Connecting the international newcomers with the local community of
Southwestern Pennsylvania & Northern West Virginia
GlobalPittsburghCONNECT is a membership program created to connect the Pittsburgh community with people here from other countries through group programs, events, and activities. The program is designed for internationals who want to meet people and discover more about the Pittsburgh community, and for local residents and American students who want to meet people from other countries and help them feel more at home in Pittsburgh.
For international students, professionals, and new families, GlobalPittsburghCONNECT membership program provides many advantages:
- EASING the transition from home to the United States
- CONNECTING to other international visitors and American host families
- INTEGRATING into the Greater Pittsburgh Region’s cultures and communities
- ENCOURAGING development of professional and personal relationships between international visitors and the people of Western Pennsylvania and Northern West Virginia
All of these factors enhance an international visitor’s stay in Pittsburgh, leaving them with positive impressions to last a lifetime.
GlobalPittsburghCONNECT offers group activities and events, including cultural and sporting activities and numerous networking events, to provide its members with a wide variety of memorable experiences with local residents and other internationals.
First Thursdays monthly networking events
Quarterly Intercultural Potluck Dinners for members and host families four times each year.We will share ethnic foods, learn about other world cultures, play games and make newfriends.
Monthly Group Dinners for members, hosts and friends. We will dine as a partyin different ethnic restaurants throughout Pittsburgh.
Year-round outdoor group activities: ice skating, snow tubing, pumpkin patch, cinema in the park, bowling, etc.
- Discover Western Pennsylvania and Northern West Virginia activities: museums, galleries, local farm visits, tours of places of interest such as Fallingwater or the Amish Countryside.
- Free & Discounted Tickets - Over the course of the year, we offer the chance to attend cultural performances such as plays, musical performances, and sporting events.
- Thanksgiving and Christmas Hospitality Dinners - Host families invite members to their homes for dinner and conversation. All host families are supporters interested in sharing American culture and learning about the culture and traditions of other countries. Members may enjoy a traditional holiday meal with an American family.
CLICK HERE for our brochure and to see a list of upcoming member activities.
Annual fee to join the GlobalPittsburgh CONNECT: $40 for individual and $50 for family membership.
CLICK HERE to register online or call 412-392-4513.
|Connect brochure rev - Q2 2013.pdf||1.17 MB|