Volunteer with GlobalPittsburgh
GlobalPittsburgh is a small organization that depends on volunteers to help welcome visiting delegations, coordinate programs, plan events, run the office and support our work in a wide variety of day-to-day activities.
A Few Ways Members Can Serve as Volunteers
- Driver service to appointments where other transportation is not available.
- Home hospitality of a dinner or overnight stay in their home for international visitors for professional visitors or students.
- Pre-registration hospitality for international students and scholars who are new to the Pittsburgh area. The host family provides a short (three day) homestay for new students prior to registration at local universities.
Assist staff in daily office tasks based on their availability. Volunteer hours are during normal business hours from 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Volunteer schedules vary from four hours one time per week to eight hours daily.
Office tasks include:
- Researching Information for Professional Programs Such as IVLP and Open World
- Arranging Meetings with Business Resources
- Arranging Hospitality Dinners with Host Families
- Answering Telephones
- Data Entry
- Special Projects
How To Become A Volunteer
To request more information, call Gail Shrott at 412-392-4513 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. A GlobalPittsburgh staff person will be happy to discuss your areas of interest with you.